Alchemical acupuncture’s main goal is to catalyze transformation in a person’s life. Transformation happens when we access deep parts of ourselves and discover new ways of being and interacting with the world around us. Alchemical acupuncture helps patients get to know themselves better and aids in healing psycho-emotional issues. Within a safe and nurturing environment, the acupuncturist can work with more subtle aspects of the body, mind, and spirit. Alchemical acupuncture goes beyond physical healing and can help open new possibilities in one’s life. This approach to healing uses a variety of tools that support introspection, imagination, intuition, and a felt sense of the body. This work helps patients to gain insight into the challenges they are facing that may be getting in the way of their health and personal growth.
Alchemical acupuncture is rooted in Taoist alchemy, five element acupuncture, and modern depth psychology. Key to this type of healing, is the healing relationship, which establishes trust between patient and practitioner, allowing patients to feel safely guided through their own personal transformations. This process allows illness to become an opportunity for personal growth, fulfillment, and purpose. Alchemy grew out of the idea of transforming lead into gold. Lead could be thought of as any symptoms, illness, or debilitating disease. Alchemical acupuncture calls us to sit the lead, be patient, and wait for the gold to emerge in our lives. We must be dedicated to this process, and the results can be life changing.
- Allows for a deeper understanding of how emotions may cause symptoms and disease in the body.
- Garners mind-body awareness and uses techniques that help patients bring this body awareness into their everyday lives.
- Helps patients get to know themselves deeply and figure out their deepest desires, passions, and roadblocks in life.
- Works on the level of psyche (the spirit or totality of the human mind). Helping the unconscious to become conscious.
- Helps with long standing health patterns that conventional medical treatments can’t seem to help.
- Facilitates change when people feel stuck in their lives and need help to propel themselves forward emotionally.
- Focuses on anxiety, stress, post traumatic stress disorder, depression, grief, chronic pain, allergies, insomnia, and hormonal disorders.